After School tutoring has been cancelled for Thursday, December 5th.
Due to construction at the St. James High School the only entrance that will be open for basketball games being played in the High School gym will be the double doors leading into the commons off of Hardy Street, which is located on the South end of the school. Fans will still be able to […]
St. James School is launching School Reach to send texts and emails. (Click here to fill out the form) The former program text-caster will no longer be used.
I am excited to tell you that last week our Elementary participated in a hat day to send a veteran on an honor flight to Washington D.C. Their goal was to send one veteran on the flight. They exceeded their goal and were able to raise enough money to send 2 veterans, by raising $1,025. The elementary, middle, and high schools also kicked off their canned food drives last week. The goal for the elementary was to collect 3,000 cans. Our student’s exceeded our expectations once again by bringing in a total of 4,000 cans. The high school and middle school will continue holding their canned food drive now through December 6th. I would like to thank everyone that came out to support the St. James Choir Dinner last Saturday. The event was a huge success. I am truly grateful for the support that our community shows for our school district.
As the months march on, bringing with them colder weather, we want to make sure that we are prepared to inform you on school cancelations due to inclement weather. We make every effort to reach parents, and to make the information accessible to you.
We have several outlets that we use when school is canceled.
- STJ Text Alerts – We are currently using a new program through School Reach for texts. You will need to make sure that you re-sign up for this. We are no longer using the textcaster program. You will receive text messages for school closings and other school-related issues. Normal text messaging fees do apply. To sign up for this, please visit the school website (stjschools.org), go to the “Parents” tab, and then “STJ Text Alerts”.
- Schoolreach – The district subscribes to a phone contact system where we can create a message and send it to all parents. This is used heavily throughout the year. Please make sure your building secretary has the best phone number to reach you in the event we use Schoolreach. Schoolreach is also used when school cancellations occur.
- School Hotline – You can call the school district (573-265-2300) and then dial extension 5555. There will be a recorded message there with the date that we are closing for weather.
- District website – as always, the district will post any important information on the school website to alert parents. This does include any school cancellations, closings, or early dismissals.
- Facebook – this site also collects feeds for the district.
- Twitter - @STJschools
- TV Stations and Radio Stations – We will inform channels 5, 8, and 13 when school is canceled. We will also inform the local radio station.
- Springfield Broadcast – a station in Springfield will be informed, therefore broadcasting to most Springfield television channels.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to make the best possible decision for your child’s safety on inclement weather days.