Student will attend a minimum of 15 hours per week of instructional time and a minimum of 15 hours per week of work. The student’s job must be aligned with his/her future career plan. Flex participants will be considered full time students. Students may receive pay for employment. The student will attend either First or Second Block (depending on the student’s contract). For every 130 hours of work, the student will earn 1 credit towards electives (65 hours = semester or half of a credit).
- Be a current 11th or 12th grader
- Pursue timely graduation
- (1)Provide evidence of enrollment and attendance at a college or technical school, or (2) provide evidence of employment that is aligned with the student’s “career academic plan” (this will be part of the contract for students pursuing this track).
- Pursue regular requirements for a diploma.
- Maintain a 95% attendance rate (After enrolling into the program)
- Avoid suspension or expulsion
- Students who are fired from their job will be removed from the Flex Program and moved to Track III. Students who lose their job for other reasons will be given 2 weeks to find a new job.
- Students missing enough days to drop their semester attendance below 95% will be given one chance to make up the missed time. After this opportunity, the student will be dropped from the Flex Program, and be enrolled in Track III. The number of allowable absences will be noted on the student’s contract.