Substitute Teacher Application
Thank you for your interest in substituting in the St. James School District. Substitutes are vital members of our professional team and offer an important contribution to the educational program in the classroom.
Instructions for Applying:
We currently have an online application process for substitute teachers. If you prefer pen and paper, feel free to pickup an application in the Central Office.
You will need the documents listed below when applying to be a substitute
- Substitute Teacher Application
- DESE Substitute Teacher Application
- Fingerprinting Information
- This is only required if you do not have a current substitute certificate through DESE. The code that you will need to enter for our district is 1589.
- Complete online training videos - Click HERE to request login information. (An email from Safe Schools will be sent to you with directions for viewing the necessary videos.)
- Substitute Teacher Handbook
- Employee Information
Once everything is complete, please submit all documents to Shannon Parsons in the Central Office.