DESCRIPTION: High School Assistant Baseball Coach
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of a substitute teaching certificate issued by DESE or meet all NFHS and/or MSHSAA requirements as directed by the Activities Director.
REPORTS TO: Activities Director
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules and fundamentals of the sport assigned to coach.
- Maintain current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Complete all training to comply with MSHSAA requirements.
- Provide emergency first aid.
- Maintain a conducive and safe environment.
- Maintain, issue, and provide an accurate inventory of school equipment.
- To model the skills of the sport. (Bending, running, jumping, twisting and lifting.)
- Develop positive relations with students and parents. This includes proper dress, language, demeanor, and student/teacher relations.
- To place a team on the field of competition and substitute players appropriately as part of a well-organized game plan.
- To screen student athletes for membership on a team. Where cuts are required because of size limitations, the proper judgment must be present to assess skills, aptitude, interest, citizenship, future ability, and temperament.
- Provide eligibility lists, rosters, and other paperwork as required by administration.
- To be active in building participation, conditioning, and training through camps and individual contacts.