St. James Schools offers a variety of ways to hear about emergency closings and other information pertinent to your child:
- STJ Alerts - Enroll here to receive text mesages on your cell phone. You will receive text messages for school closings and other school-related issues. Normal text messaging fees do apply.
- Schoolreach voice calls – The district subscribes to a phone contact system where we can create a message and send it to all parents. This is used heavily throughout the year. Please make sure your building secretary has the best phone number to reach you in the event we use Schoolreach. Schoolreach is also used when school cancellations occur.
- District website – as always, the district will post any important information on the school website to alert parents. This does include any school cancellations, closings, or early dismissals.
- Facebook and Twitter – these two sites also collect feeds for the district.
- TV Stations and Radio Stations – most all of the locally-broadcast TV and Radio stations will also inform parents of any school closings.