Welcome! This year is going to be a fun and exciting learning experience for your child. We have many fun things planned for 5th grade, but in order to do so we have to make sure we have a safe and educationally friendly learning environment. Following you will find the classroom behavior plans and actions. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about anything located in this brochure feel free to contact me.
1. Follow Directions Quickly
2. Raise your hand for permission to speak
3. Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat
4. Make smart choices
5. Keep your dear teacher happy!
1. You are only on the computer when the teacher has given you permission
2. Only safe and approved sites are allowed
3. AR tests are taken at Reading Time unless you ask for permission during breaks
4. The mouse and keyboard are pushed up next to the monitor when not in use
5. The computer screen is off when not in use
6. The teacher will give direction as to who will be in charge of the mouse and who is in charge of the keyboard, this will change daily.
Flip Your Card
In our room students will each have their own card that will have 6 different colors located in it. Whenever misbehavior occurs students will have to flip their card to the next color. Below are the consequences and coordinating card color:
1st Warning- Blue, warning
2nd Warning- Yellow, 5 minutes recess
3rd Warning- Orange, 10 minutes of recess
4th Warning- Red, 10 minutes, Fill out “My Behavior Action Plan”
5th Warning- Black, Recess, Parent Phone Call and/or Office Visit
Below is an example of the The "My Behavior Action Plan"
My Behavior Action Plan
1. What is the problem?
2. What’s causing the problem to occur?
3. What are some options to solving the problem?
Positive Behavior Rewards!!
Every Friday students will have the opportunity to experience “Fun Friday” or “Friday Activity”. Students will have to have the following criteria to participate:
1. NO orange, red, or black cards
2. Last week’s behavior slip is signed by a parent.
3. No more than three blue cards and 2 yellow cards.
It’s easy to see that students will almost always receive Friday Activity if students keep a good handle on their behavior and actions.
The class can also receive a positive consequence as a whole. The teacher will keep a jar of marbles and for each time that a student is caught doing an extra special good behavior OR the whole class is doing what they are supposed to be then they receive one marble. When students have reached 30 marbles a fun activity will be planned. Students are going to get to decide on these rewards.