We need volunteers at LWJE and want to take this opportunity to invite you to become an “official” Title 1 FIRST volunteer at our school.
If you would like to volunteer in any capacity at LWJE during the 2013-14 school year, you will need to complete forms available at the FIRST Volunteer Website
4 easy steps:
- Complete the initial “Contact Me” request (available online)
- Complete the Volunteer Application and obtain approval (available online)
- Read and sign the Code of Conduct Statement(available online)
- Receive the FIRST Volunteer packet and obtain your assignment.
Volunteer opportunities/needs at our school include the following:
- Watch DOG Dads
- Super MOMS
- Classroom Assistants
- Field Trip Chaperones
- Cafeteria Assistants with Ms. Clara
- Festival Chaperones
To ensure the safety and well being of all students at LWJE, every volunteer participant will need to complete the full orientation process before being allowed to volunteer.
As part of the full orientation process, volunteers must complete an application and undergo a criminal background screening free of charge. Please allow 1-2 weeks for your application to be processed. We will notify you of your volunteer status as soon as possible.
Note: Even if you filled out the “contact me” form at Open House, you will still need to complete the full application before volunteering.
For more information please contact: Christy Lonning at 573-265-2300 ext. 1 Elementary